Colorado’s Leading Manufacturer of Edible Medical Marijuana Products Looks to Ensure Global Product Consistency and Enhanced Cost Control with PhytoSPHERE’s Systems
DENVER, May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Dixie Elixirs & Edibles (Dixie), Colorado’s premier Medical Marijuana infused products company, today announced that it has entered into an agreement with fellow Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: MJNA) portfolio company, PhytoSPHERE, to purchase the rights to PhytoSPHERE’s proprietary indoor planting, cultivation and extraction technology. While Dixie currently operates only in Colorado, this agreement will make Dixie one of the first medical marijuana infused product manufacturers in the world to own end-to-end production of its products. In addition, this technology will be made available to all licensees of Dixie’s intellectual property as outlined in the recent announcement of the formation of Red Dice Holdings, LLC which was formed to legally license the Dixie brand and propriety product development process beyond its current Colorado borders.
PhytoSPHERE’s highly efficient growth, packaging and extraction technologies will provide Dixie a compact, safe, pollutant-free facility which will allow it to:
- Greatly increase plant production through yields that significantly exceed traditional methods.
- Completely control the cultivation environment resulting in superior plant growth, uniform strain purity, quality crop production, and year-round production potential.
- Reduce per-unit costs compared to traditional methods by eliminating the use of pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
- Produce Pharmaceutical grade extracts.
- Establish antibacterial environments and packaging systems .
- Control post production processing with proprietary standardization methods.
PhytoSPHERE’s three core technologies consist of:
- A module that places rows of plants perpendicular to an interior light source, which helps accelerate the growth rate and efficiency of the particular plant that is being cultivated. Computer operated sprayers ensure even distribution of nutrient feeding solutions to the crops resulting in an abundance of plants with strong, compact, and multi-directional growth. This state-of-the-art technology is fully contained, meaning crops can be grown year-round in any location using precise combinations of light, water, and nutrients to maximize production.
- A proprietary antibacterial product clipping, curing and packaging system, allowing for a truly pharmaceutical grade method of cultivation.
- An extraction and production process for cannabinoid based compounds derived from the cannabis plant, which uses standardized processes and technology to create the world’s leading pharmaceutical grade extracts.
“Currently 80 percent of all medical cannabis and hemp is grown outdoors, but at PhytoSPHERE we know that while this method is still dominant, it is also highly inefficient with lower yields than indoor cultivation and does not allow for a true pharmaceutical grade cannabis based product,” said Michael Llamas, President of Medical Marijuana Inc. “With outdoor cultivation you cannot ensure the quality, consistency or potency of the product nor can you establish a contaminant free environment. Dixie is clearly a thought leader in the area of alternative medical marijuana delivery systems and when partnered with our software driven, indoor growing and extraction technologies, there is a tremendous opportunity to increase production, stabilize consistency and offer patients the very best quality medicine available.”
“As we continue to grow our operations, serving more patients across Colorado and adding new dispensaries daily, we have recognized the need for greater cost-control and 100 percent consistency across Dixie’s products,” said Tripp Keber, President and CEO of Dixie Elixirs and Red Dice Holdings, LLC. “However, cost control and consistency are arguably very challenging given the various environmental factors that can affect the key ingredient in our products. In fact, the only way to ensure that each and every plant grown meets our rigorous standards and matches the cannabinoid profile we desire for Dixie products is to manage the growth and cultivation process from seed to sale in a very controlled environment. We are lucky enough to have a true innovator and leader in that end-to-end solution development, PhytoSPHERE, as a sister company in the Medical Marijuana, Inc. portfolio. The execution of this licensing agreement is a true game-changer and puts us in the unique and enviable position of being able to cost-effectively cultivate consistently superior medical cannabis for our products.”
About Dixie Elixirs & Edibles
As Colorado’s premier Medical Marijuana infused products company, Dixie Elixirs & Edibles™, based in Denver, CO has been providing alternative medicated relief for patients in Colorado since 2009. Dedicated to providing the strength, taste and discretion required by medical marijuana patients, Dixie Elixirs & Edibles provides a complete line of smoke-free medical marijuana products including Dixie Elixirs™ medicated beverages, Dixie Edibles™ infused edibles, Dixie Scrips™ cannabis and herb supplement capsules, Dixie Botanicals™ all-natural transdermal topicals, Dixie Dew Drops™ concentrated tinctures, and Dixie Tonics™ medicated energy boosts. Dixie Elixirs & Edibles products are sold through licensed medical marijuana centers in Colorado in compliance with CO HB 1284.
About Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Our mission is to be the premier cannabis and hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For more information, please visit the company’s website at: www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Investor Relations Contact:
Equiti-trend Advisors, LLC
Toll Free: 800-953-3350
Tripp Keber, Dixie Elixirs (303) 945-2049, [email protected]
SOURCE Medical Marijuana, Inc
Source: PR Newswire (May 10, 2012 – 8:30 AM EDT)