San Diego,CA June 28 2012 / PR Newswire /
Medical Marijuana Inc (OTC: MJNA) a leading hemp industry innovator, is pleased to update its shareholders on the status of its portfolio company,PhytoSPHERE Systems, LLC and related products. The Company owns an 80% interest in PhytoSPHERE Systems.
About PhytoSPHERE Systems LLC
PhytoSPHERE Systems, LLC is the world’s leading cannabinoid based biotechnology company that builds and develops growing, packaging and extraction technologies and deploys them in self-contained, highly efficient state of the art facilities as well as traditional hemp agricultural facilities, for the pharmaceutical and neutraceutical raw ingredients markets.
PhytoSPHERE’s highly efficient growth, packaging and extraction technologies provide clients a compact, safe, pollutant-free facility which will allow them to:
- Completely control the cultivation environment
- Greatly increase plant yields that significantly exceed traditional methods
- Reduce per-unit costs compared to traditional methods by eliminating the use of pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
- Produce Pharmaceutical grade extracts.
- Establish antibacterial environments and packaging systems.
- Control post production processing with proprietary standardization methods.
PhytoSPHERE’s core technologies consist of:
- A module that places rows of plants in a manner to accelerate growth rates.
- Computer operated sprayers that ensure even distribution of nutrients to plants.
- A proprietary antibacterial product clipping, curing and packaging system, allowing for a truly pharmaceutical grade method of cultivation.
- An extraction and production process for cannabinoid based compounds derived from the cannabis and /or hemp plants, which uses standardized processes and technology to create the world’s leading pharmaceutical grade extracts / oil / raw ingredients.
PhytoSPHERE Systems has recently introduced its raw Cannabidoil (CBD) Oil product line for formulation and distribution through licensing partner, Dixie Elixirs in Colorado. In June, Dixie successfully launched the Dixie X product line, a family of non-THC CBD based products. The Dixie X product line contains the highest CBD / Cannabidiol concentrations of any product on the market today.
To learn more about CBD and its medicinal benefits, please click here:
In addition to distribution in Colorado, portfolio company Red Dice Holdings recently announced that it would launch on-line sales of Dixie X and CBD-basedCanChew gum through licensed distributors in the US within the next 60 days. Further, Red Dice Holdings will enter into exclusive licensing agreements with selected partners to distribute Dixie X and CanChew in California, Arizona and Washington D.C. within the next 90 days. The Company expects significant revenue increases once these distribution agreements are fully in place.
More on Red Dice and Dixie from the Tuesday June 26th 2012 Press Release:
Hemp Tissue Culture Research & Development
PhytoSPHERE Systems, the leading cannabinoid based hemp Biotechnology Company, has documented over 200 industrial hemp varieties and has identified specific ones with the highest levels of Cannabidiol for further development and production by PhytoSPHERE Systems. Based on its technology, PhytoSPHERE Systems is able to produce the highest level of genetic purity without the typical seed-based inconsistency issues which lead to a higher rate of plant disease.
Currently companies involved in the production of Cannabis L Sativa varieties do not have a single source for genetic purity, consistency and cannabinoid profiles. Often plants grown from seeds develop mold, fungus or other diseases and little can be done to prevent this. Using tissue cultures, as PhytoSPHERE Systemsdoes, the plants have a higher likelihood of success because of their genetic purity and identical attributes. This allows for a consistent high quality plant, which in turn delivers for a consistent pharmaceutical-grade end product.
The combination of PhytoSPHERE Systems superior technology, proprietary and patented processes genetically consistent products and tissue culture based plants, will give us the ability to produce the cleanest and highest quality pharmaceutical grade extracts and compounds currently on the market. Initially, these extracts and compounds will only be used in the manufacture of products to be distributed through MJNA’s portfolio companies, thereby giving these companies and MJNA a distinct competitive advantage.
PhytoSPHERE Systems Contributions:
Produces Hemp Oil Products
- Has secured product distribution in several International markets
- Holds Licensing Approvals and Permits for Industrial Hemp Cultivation in many
- international markets
- Has been producing Hemp oils and extracts / compounds since Jan 1 2012
- 35 million doses of High CBD content Hemp Oil have already been
- produced since Jan 1 2012
- By the end of the fourth quarter 2012, PhytoSPHERE is expected to have
- produced over 300 million doses
- By the first quarter 2013, PhytoSPHERE expects to produce nearly 6,000
- kilos annually worth of high CBD content, pharmaceutical grade end product
- Will be licensing various international facilities for processing of raw materials
- In the near future we will be announcing various international facility office
- locations of PhytoSPHERE Systems within these countries
- Working on closing substantial Distribution and Licensing Agreements with US
- and Internationally based companies
PhytoSPHERE Systems website will launch by August 1st 2012
RECENT MJNA PRESS RE: PHYTOSPHERE SYSTEMS:
About Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Our mission is to be the premier cannabis and hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value.
Medical Marijuana Inc. does not grow, sell or distribute any substances that violate United States Law or the controlled substance act.
For more information, please visit the company’s website at: www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Toll Free: 888-OTC-MJNA (888-682-6562)
Investor Relations Contact:
Stuart T. Smith