Legal Notice: Due to current United States government regulations, Medical Marijuana, Inc. does not make any medical claims about their products, nor are any approved for the treatment of any medical indications.
SAN DIEGO, May 5, 2016 — Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) is proud to announce to shareholders and the public that the Brazilian government has approved its hemp cannabidiol (CBD) oil product Real Scientific Hemp Oil™ (RSHO™) from HempMeds Brasil™ for a fourth indication for import as a prescription medication for the treatment of cancer.
The first three indications approved for HempMeds Brasil™ to import are: epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease and chronic pain.
“We are right now tempering our excitement because this is a process and it needs to be approached carefully and scientifically,” states Dr. Stuart Titus, CEO of Medical Marijuana, Inc. “The opportunity within Brazil may open doors for the Company to explore our RSHO™ product as an adjunctive, potentially post-chemotherapy prescription medication, by assisting patients with their recovery.
Further, this may even allow us to enter into pre-clinical work to see if there may be merit for botanical cannabis and its derivatives as a primary treatment option for certain types of cancers in those places in our world that may allow such alternative and integrative treatment options.”
Dr. Titus continues: “Every country operates under different laws and regulations. In Brazil, although not a clinically tested medication that has been approved for this purpose, patients and their doctors may access any product around the globe that may show benefit for that patient’s condition. So far, our products have fallen into this category within Brazil with now four potential indications for doctors to write prescriptions.
“In the United States, we make zero product claims and have sold our products as wellness products. We do believe that plant-based cannabinoids may well support the functioning of the largest self-regulatory system within the human body — and with that, may come health and wellness benefits.
“While our company works toward the necessary studies to demonstrate to the medical community the potential benefits of botanical cannabis and its derivatives, many of our product users report anecdotal stories that are leading us toward our research goals. We thank and appreciate those who have contributed with their reports on user experience.”
A recent Newsweek article, “Marijuana Is a Wonder Drug When It Comes to the Horrors of Chemo,” references doctors recommending botanical cannabis for post-chemo patients who suffer from as many as 6 medical indications: nausea, vomiting, sleep, loss of appetite, pain, depression.
Additional cancer information:
Facts about cancer in the U.S. from the NIH – National Cancer Institute:
- As of 2015, an estimated 1,658,370 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the United States and 589,430 people would have died from the
- The most common cancers in 2015 were projected to be breast cancer, lung and bronchus cancer, prostate cancer, colon and rectum cancer, bladder cancer, melanoma of the skin, non- Hodgkin lymphoma, thyroid cancer, kidney and renal pelvis cancer, endometrial cancer, leukemia, and pancreatic
- The number of new cases of cancer (cancer incidence) is 8 per 100,000 men and women per year (based on 2008-2012 cases).
- The number of cancer deaths (cancer mortality) is2 per 100,000 men and women per year (based on 2008-2012 deaths).
- Cancer mortality is higher among men than women (207.9 per 100,000 men and 4 per 100,000 women). It is highest in African American men (261.5 per 100,000) and lowest in Asian/Pacific Islander women (91.2 per 100,000). (Based on 2008-2012 deaths.)
- The number of people living beyond a cancer diagnosis reached nearly 5 million in 2014 and is expected to rise to almost 19 million by 2024.
- Approximately 6 percent of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes (based on 2010-2012 data).
- In 2014, an estimated 15,780 children and adolescents ages 0 to 19 were diagnosed with cancer and 1,960 died of the
- National expenditures for cancer care in the United States totaled nearly $125 billion in 2010 and could reach $156 billion in
Worldwide cancer date from the United States National Institutes of Health:
- Cancer is among the leading causes of death In 2012, there were 14 million new cases and 8.2 million cancer-related deaths worldwide.
- The number of new cancer cases will rise to 22 million within the next two
- More than 60 percent of the world’s new cancer cases occur in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America; 70 percent of the world’s cancer deaths also occur in these regions
Legal Notice: Due to current United States government regulations, Medical Marijuana, Inc. does not make any medical claims about their products, nor are any approved for the treatment of any medical indications. These products are only for sale from HempMeds Brasil™ to the Brazilian population with an approved prescription and approval from ANVISA. Real Scientific Hemp Oil™ (RSHO™) is a full- spectrum, hemp-based cannabidiol (CBD) oil.
About Medical Marijuana Inc.
The mission of Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink: MJNA) is to be the premier hemp industry innovator, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally-friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value.
For more information, please visit the company’s website at: www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com.
About HempMeds® Brasil™
HempMeds Brasil™ currently has three cannabis products approved for importation into Brazil as a prescription medication for Epilepsy, Parkinson’s and Chronic Pain. The company had the first-ever cannabis product allowed for import into Brazil and its products are currently subsidized by the
Brazilian government, under their health care system, for all three medical indications listed above. HempMeds Brasil™ is working on additional approvals for multiple indications.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
Medical Marijuana Inc. and HempMeds® do not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). These companies do grow, sell, and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of medical marijuana-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.