SAN DIEGO, April 5, 2018 — Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC:MJNA), the first publicly traded cannabis company in the United States, today announced the two-year anniversary of Chief Operations Officer Blake Schroeder’s employment at the company.
Schroeder, who joined Medical Marijuana, Inc. and Kannaway® in March of 2016, has vast experience leading international companies, with extensive experience in the nutrition industry ranging from legal and regulatory insight to overseeing all aspects of global sales, product development, marketing, distribution and operations. In December 2017, Schroeder was promoted from Vice President of Operations to Chief Operating Officer. He also serves as CEO of subsidiary company Kannaway®.
“Blake has been an invaluable asset to our family of companies and has delivered dramatic performance results, pioneered new business strategies and helped improve our operations and brand presence worldwide,” said Medical Marijuana, Inc. CEO Dr. Stuart Titus. “We’re excited to see what he achieves in 2018 and in upcoming years.”
During his time with Medical Marijuana, Inc., Schroeder has been credited with many significant accomplishments for the company including:
- Leading Medical Marijuana Inc. and its subsidiaries Kannaway®, HempMeds® Mexico, and HempMeds® Brazil to their largest-ever (unaudited) revenue year in 2017
- The Company’s flagship product Real Scientific Hemp Oil™(RSHO) becoming the first government-approved medical cannabis product in Paraguay and Mexico
- Medical Marijuana, Inc. portfolio expansion with new subsidiary, Phyto Animal Health, which sells CBD designed for animal health
- Re-branding and re-launching subsidiary Kannaway which has increased its revenue by nearly 40 times from March 2016 to March 2018
- Launched Kannaway Europe which has become a significant business for the company
- The Company and subsidiaries releasing more than a dozen new hemp-based cannabidiol (CBD) products
- The Company receiving international media attention with HempMeds® Mexico President Raul Elizalde’s speech at the U.N. World Health Organization Expert Committee on Drug Dependence Convention which influenced the committee to make the expert recommendation that CBD does not induce physical dependence
- The Company’s flagship product, Real Scientific Hemp Oil being featured on The Doctors
“I’m proud to work with a talented team in an industry that is only at its infancy when it comes to growth potential,” said Schroeder. “I’m proud of what our Company has accomplished over the course of the past two years and am excited about our future.”
About Medical Marijuana, Inc.
We are a company of firsts®. Our mission is to be the premier cannabis and hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally-friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For details on Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s portfolio and investment companies, visit www.medicalmarijuanainc.com.
To see Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s corporate video, click here.
Shareholders and consumers are also encouraged to buy CBD oil and other products at Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s shop.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). These companies do grow, sell, and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of medical marijuana-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.
Public Relations Contact:
Chief Executive Officer CMW Media